Ask the right questions, prepare the best answers
Our PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations encompasses two specialist streams, offering generic skills that suit both administrative and criminal investigation roles. It offers vital communication and interviewing skills while stepping inside practical responsibilities such as initiating, planning, conducting and completing investigations. It is particularly valuable to those who wish to develop the skills required to conduct an investigation using appropriate processes in accordance with procedural fairness and legislative requirements.
User Choice Funding is available, contact us for more information. Terms and Conditions apply.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
or $380 (if eligible for User Choice Funding)
What is User Choice Funding?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations
- Understanding the role of investigators in your organisation, from both policy and legislative perspectives.
- The ability to initiate, plan and progress an investigation.
- Skills to obtain statements, write investigation reports and give evidence.
- Knowing the methodologies required to conduct an inquiry, including investigation plans and an evidence matrix.
Conduct records of interviews, plan and write investigations reports and obtain third party reports.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- PSPREG003 Apply regulatory powers
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others (Group A)
- PSPREG008 Act on Non-Compliance (Group B)
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity (Group C)
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPREG006 Produce Formal Record of Interview
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPREG010 Prepare a brief of evidence
- PSPREG011 Give evidence
The program is delivered over two x four day blocks through a mix of facilitated and blended learning.
Part of the assessment requirements for this qualification are derived from workplace evidence of your demonstrated knowledge and skills in the workplace. Therefore you must be working in a relevant government or private sector organisation in order to enrol in this course.
Do you require further information? To find out more about PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations, call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444.
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au