Enrol now to get Public Sector Ready!
Our Public Sector Ready Program is ideal for those looking to gain entry into the public service. This program will build your confidence and ability to find and secure stable employment with Australia’s most sought-after employers.
The program has been designed and developed to suit the unique needs of job seekers, graduates, school leavers, career changers and those returning to work after a break from employment. The program builds a wide range of skills integral to working in the public service and prepares learners for entry-level opportunities in the sector. Throughout the program, learners will have access to industry professionals, vast networking opportunities with facilitators and fellow learners and the tools required to kick-start their public sector employment journey.
At the successful completion of the Public Sector Ready Program, learners will come away with a statement of attendance AND a Statement of Attainment towards the partial completion of the PSP40116 Certificate IV in Government. This means we’ll credit the four units completed during this program towards the full qualification.
Contact us for dates.
Blended (Face to Face & Online)
Building J, Vowels Crescent
Haydon Dr, Bruce, ACT
Public Sector Ready Program
In this course you will cover:
- What is in the Public Service?
- Finding the Right Job for You
- Job Applications
- Interview Skills
- Working in a Public Sector Environment
- Working in Teams
- Time Management
- Work Management
- Records Management
- Resilience and Work-Life Balance
- Writing Essentials
- Customer Service
- Conversations and Feedback
The four formal units of competency undertaken in this program have an assessment component, however, the remainder of the course is not assessed.
Assessments are comprised of short answer questions, multiple choice quizzes and simulation workshops.
Canberra Institute of Technology
At the end of the program you will be able to:
• Confidently talk about the machine known as the public service
• Identify your skills and strengths to hunt for the right job for you
• Write the perfect job application to get the interview
• Perform in the interview to win the job
• Perform as part of a high functioning team
• Apply time management principles to work effectively
• Manage your own workloads effectively
• Complete client records at a high standard
• Adapt to stressful situations using resilience, dealing with possible rejection and workplace stress
• Use public sector writing essentials to create quality communications
• Apply public sector client service principles at a high standard
• Take part in workplace conversations and give constructive feedback to others
• Work with simple legislation
• Explain the values and ethos of the public sector
Units of competency:
You will also undertake four formal units of study online introduced in Week 1 and 2. By successfully completing these units and assessment items, you will obtain a Statement of Attainment towards partial completion of the PSP40116 Certificate IV in Government.
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of the public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity
This program is delivered in a blended format comprising of facilitated learning sessions and self-paced online activities. In addition, you will need to allow time to complete out-of-session activities.
This program is delivered in a combination of:
- 12 x 3-Hour Evening Workshops
- 4 x Saturday Workshops
For more information on attendance, contact our Learner Experience Team via email or on (02) 6207 4444.
There are no prerequisites for this program. All are welcome to apply.
If you’d like to find out more information about the program or payment options, contact our Learner Experience Team via email or on (02) 6207 4444.