Build on your government knowledge for a prosperous career in the public sector.
The Public Sector Essentials (Online) program offers learners the ability to learn anytime, anywhere, the grounding knowledge and understanding for working in any public sector role. During the program, learners will be taken through four core units of competency via an engaging narrative-driven eLearning. Learners will work through a variety of scenarios and make realistic decisions in a government setting.
This program is suited to existing public service employees who wish to gain a deeper understanding of managing in a public sector environment.
Successful completion of this program will contribute towards a PSP50116 Diploma of Government.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
Contact us for dates.
Public Sector Essentials (Online)
- Understanding your contribution to the public service.
- Work with diversity and building strong work relationships.
- Promoting a healthy and safe work environment.
- Understand and apply legislation relevant to your agency and legislation that governs your day to day activity.
- Understanding the strategic framework for government and the governance framework for your agency.
- Contribute effectively to working in government.
Canberra Institute of Technology
Units of Competency:
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPGEN047 Promote diversity
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
This program is completed fully online in a self-paced manner.
You must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant public sector agency to enrol in this course.