Procure and conquer
The PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting is ideal for managers who are looking to take the next step in their procurement and contract management career. Your coordination, negotiation and management skills will be second-to-none after completing this dynamic program.
Develop a business case, handle partnering arrangements and learn the full suite of functions required to manage procurement and contracting at an advanced level. Split into core and specialist sections, you will also come away with a deeper understanding of your role in the public service, including how to maintain morale in a team and manage policy implementation.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
Face to Face
PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting
- Build and implement ethical management strategies for complex, high-value procurements in a government environment.
- Design and implement whole-of-agency and programme compliance strategies for policy and legislative imperatives influencing procurement activities.
- Analyse current procurement profiles including purchasing activities, strategic imperatives and the development of strategic procurement plans.
- Analyse market and supply chain issues including spend profile, supply positioning and key risks at agency and program level.
- Establish and maintain strategic networks.
- Plan for strategic procurement activities.
- Develop and analyse Public Private Partnership options.
- Develop complex monitoring and reporting strategies for strategic procurement.
Short answer questions, group activities, case study analysis, develop a contract management plan, develop a negotiation plan, third-party reports, assessment interview.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH004 Maintain and enhance confidence in public service
- PSPGEN066 Apply government systems
- PSPGEN067 Establish and maintain strategic networks
- PSPLEG004 Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPMGT006 Develop a business case
- PSPMGT007 Manage risk
- PSPMGT008 Formulate business strategies
- PSPMGT011 Develop partnering arrangements
- PSPPCY010 Manage policy implementation
- PSPPCM020 Plan for strategic procurement
- PSPPCM021 Coordinate strategic procurement
- PSPPCM022 Negotiate strategic procurement
- PSPPCM023 Manage strategic contracts
- PSPPCM024 Manage fundamental aspects of supply chain
- PSPMGT013 Provide strategic direction
10 facilitated training sessions, a work-based project and an assessment interview delivered over the course. Some assessments are completed within classroom sessions. Consequently, attendance at all sessions is essential. There is a small requirement for reading and workplace research prior to some sessions.
- Participants must be currently working in or contracted to the public sector in a relevant position.
- Have the capacity for independent, self-directed learning
- Prior procurement and contracting knowledge including units from the relevant Diploma of Government, or equivalent experience.
- Access to the specific work practices and appropriate level of work-based projects required to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken.
If you are unsure that you meet the entry requirements, please contact us so that an experienced facilitator can discuss the relevance of your experience in either the public or private sectors.
Do you require further information? To find out more about PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting, call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444.
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au