Want career acceleration, networking and leadership opportunities? We’ve got you covered
This redeveloped program has been designed to build on the existing public sector knowledge and experience of learners and to assist them in the development of the skills required to progress into management. It aims to increase career prospects by providing a wide body of knowledge, ranging from an understanding of the strategic framework for government to writing specialist communications such as business cases and Question Time briefs.
Pay $430 for your enrolment through User Choice Funding and save $5065.
User Choice Funding is available, contact us for more information. Terms and Conditions apply.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
or $430 (if eligible for User Choice Funding)
What is User Choice Funding?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
PSP50116 Diploma of Government
- Understanding the strategic framework for government and the governance framework for your agency.
- Understand and applying legislation relevant to managing a team; and legislation that governs your day to day activity.
- Identifying strategies for managing change as a leader and dealing with conflict.
- Developing your career through identifying opportunities and resources.
- Developing research, analysis and communication skills critical to managing people and functions.
- Focusing your writing and communication skills for specific context and purposes.
- Strengthening negotiation and presentation skills.
- Accessing networking opportunities, as participants liaise with learners from different agencies and professional backgrounds.
Quizzes, Discussion board questions, case study analysis, short answer questions, assessment interview, third-party report.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPGEN047 Promote diversity
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN055 Refine Complex workplace documents
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- PSPGEN046 Undertake Research & Analysis
- PSPGEN056 Facilitate change
- PSPGEN057 Develop and use political nous
- PSPGEN049 Undertake negotiations
Eight facilitated training sessions and a range of online and workplace assessments. There will also be a final assessment interview.
You must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant public sector agency to enrol in this course. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.