Solid foundation, bright future
This diverse program will assist learners in developing the core skills necessary for all public servants. The program focuses on how Government functions, the impact of legislation and policy on work priorities and the values that guide behavior in the workplace.
Learners will develop practical skills such as writing for government, communicating effectively and the basics of workplace planning. Learners will also come to understand their own development needs how to use conflict resolution in the workplace and will engage with team-based assessment approaches in order to build confidence in their workplace capabilities.
User Choice Funding is available, contact us for more information. Terms and Conditions apply.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
or $380 (if eligible for User Choice Funding)
What is User Choice Funding?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
PSP40116 Certificate IV in Government
- Understand your contribution to the public service.
- Work with diversity and build strong work relationships
- Comply with relevant legislation and policies
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment
- Develop strong communications skills to write effectively, participate well in meetings and present to others.
- Behave professionally and manage diverse workplace demands.
- Develop solutions to challenging problems and contribute to decision making.
- Identify your strengths in order to develop your career focus.
Quizzes, discussion board questions, case study analysis, short answer questions, in-class activities, assessment interviews, third-party reports.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH001 Uphold the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
- PSPGEN026 Provide input to Change Process
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN039 Develop internal & external networks
- BSBCRT101 Apply critical thinking techniques
The program is made up of a number of components including online learning and assessment modules, online knowledge packets, face to face sessions and group based interactive activities. There is a requirement for some reading prior to attending the facilitated sessions. In many instances, assessment is started in class. Consequently, attendance at all sessions is essential.
You must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant public sector agency to enrol in this course. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.