How often do you hear that ‘people’ are an organisation’s greatest asset? In today’s public service environment, HR plays a critical role in guiding and supporting people management activities. The Certificate IV in Government (Human Resource Management) equips learners with essential government knowledge and tools to perform integral HR functions such as recruitment and employee relations. By the end of the program learners will be able to operate in a HR consultant role in a government environment.
User Choice Funding is available, contact us for more information. Terms and Conditions apply.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
Contact us for dates.
or $1770 (if eligible for User Choice Funding)
What is User Choice Funding?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
PSP40116 Certificate IV in Government (Human Resource Management)
- Strengthen your core skills as a professional public servant
- Improve and manage your productivity and performance
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Apply strategies to work with others, and deal with conflict
- Provide HR information and advice
- Administer HR processes
- Apply HR processes to address workplace challenges
- Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- Identify the learning and development needs of people
- Provide input to change processes
The program applies an integrated learning and assessment approach incorporating individual and group assessment activities, workplace tasks, third party reports and a final assessment interview.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH001 Uphold the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPHRM001 Administer HR processes
- PSPHRM002 Provide a consultancy service for HRM
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWRK411 Support employee and industrial relations procedures
- BSBPMG413 Apply project HRM approaches
- PSPGEN026 Provide input to change processes
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
You are expected to attend and fully participate in all facilitated learning sessions.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in two ‘Check-in’ teleconference discussions. These provide you with an opportunity for your facilitator to provide feedback to the group on common assessment challenges and answer questions arising from program content. ‘Check-in’ discussions are scheduled:
Check-in 1 – during Week 7
Check-in 2 – during Week 29
- Be employed within the Australian or ACT Public Service
- Work in a HR-related function
- Have commitment from their employer to engage fully in the program
Do you require further information? To find out more about PSP40116 Certificate IV in Government (Human Resource Management), call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444.
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au