Building blocks for management, identification and protection.
This CPP50611 Diploma of Security and Risk Management is designed to support positions such as Agency Security Advisors (ASA) and enhance capability within security risk management roles. Linking Security Risk Management processes and principles to theory and operational activities, this course is adapted and tailored to a variety of security risk management responsibilities. It utilises scenarios created by our experienced team of trainers and assessors. The full program provides a sound basis on which to build your security risk capabilities.
Participants experience trainer-led instruction, group activities and site visits. Gain vital skill sets by following security risk processes and principles from assessment, as well as designing and producing security risk management plans in line with the International Standard ISO 31000:2009.
User Choice Funding is available, contact us for more information. Terms and Conditions apply.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
Contact us for dates.
or $2925 (if eligible for User Choice Funding)
What is User Choice Funding?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
CPP50611 Diploma of Security and Risk Management
- Assess security risk management options
- Coordinate security operations
- Establish and maintain an OH&S system
- Prepare security risk management plan
- Facilitate continuous improvement
- Implement security risk management plan
- Manage people performance
- Make a presentation
- Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- Manage quality customer service
Complete a risk management report, develop a risk management plan, give a risk management presentation.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- CPPSEC5001A Establish and maintain an OH&S system
- CPPSEC5002A Coordinate security operations
- CPPSEC5003A Assess security risk management options
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- CPPSEC5004A Prepare security risk management plan
- CPPSEC5005A Implement security risk management plan
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- PSPGEN050 Manage conflict
- PSPGEN046 Undertake research and analysis
This program requires 10 full days of attendance. The course is split into two blocks of five days, with approximately four weeks between the blocks.
Candidates must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant position to enrol in this course, and have the capacity for independent, self-directed work. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices and appropriate work-based projects, so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.
Do you require further information? To find out more about CPP50611 Diploma of Security and Risk Management, call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au