Detect, investigate, report and manage fraud
The Commonwealth Fraud Control Framework requires that officials responsible for the coordination and management of fraud control activities possess a PSP50716 Diploma of Fraud Control. The PSP50716 Diploma of Fraud Control provides participants with the tools to prevent, detect, respond, monitor, evaluate and report on internal and external fraud. The course is also designed to assist those in the private sector with a senior fraud control role in their organisation.
Learn about practical fraud risk management strategies and techniques which can be applied in most organisations or agencies. After completing this course, participants will have a deeper understanding of the importance of fraud risk management, along with the ability to carry out fraud control in line with best practice and industry standards.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
PSP50716 Diploma of Fraud Control
- Prepare for and conduct fraud risk assessments in your organisation
- Develop a robust fraud control plan for your organisation
- Implement fraud awareness strategies for internal and external stakeholders
- Implement passive and active methods for detecting instances of fraud
- Implement pathways for reporting suspected fraud
- Understand how to respond quickly and effectively to instances of fraud
- Evaluate the effectiveness of fraud control frameworks
Short-form assessments, develop fraud control plans, complete case studies.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPFRU005 Conduct fraud risk assessments
- PSPFRU006 Develop fraud control plans
- PSPFRU007 Implement fraud control activities
- PSPFRU008 Coordinate development and implementation of fraud information systems
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- PSPGEN046 Undertake research and analysis
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPFRU003 Communicate fraud control awareness
- PSPFRU004 Anticipate and detect possible fraud activity
The program comprises eight facilitated sessions, plus online learning units and assessment activities. Some assessment will be completed during the facilitated sessions. Consequently, attendance at all sessions is essential. There is some reading required in preparation for the facilitated sessions, and some assessments are to be completed in the student’s own time.
You must be working in a relevant government or private sector position to enrol in this course. Participants must have the capacity for independent, self-directed work; and access to the specific work practices and appropriate level of work-based projects required to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken.
Do you require further information? To find out more about PSP50716 Diploma of Fraud Control, call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444.
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au