Balance people and procedure
Balance people and procedure with a course designed for managers who are looking to grow their leadership and investigation skills. The PSP50416 Diploma of Government Investigations will offer each participant the ability to lead an investigation team that complies with legislative, judicial and agency requirements.
Building on their ability to conduct investigations and to use basic methods, participants will learn to employ analysis techniques, reasoning and problem-solving to the process. By understanding the importance of critical thinking, planning and communication graduates will develop their capacity to lead in multi-agency and multi-jurisdictional environments.
User Choice Funding is available, contact us for more information. Terms and Conditions apply.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
or $2125 (if eligible for User Choice Funding)
What is User Choice Funding?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
PSP50416 Diploma of Government Investigations
- Understand the role of an Investigation Manager.
- Read, interpret and explain complex documents such as legislation and guidelines.
- Conduct complex oral briefings and write precise reports.
- Understand the different roles of team members and stakeholders.
- Learn how to best allocate and utilise available resources.
- Develop an awareness of common challenges and how to overcome them.
On the job tasks, online learning and assessment modules, short answer assessment tasks, simulated investigation, third party reports, and final assessment interview (if required).
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH003 – Promote values and ethos of public service
- PSPINV002 – Conduct an Investigation
- PSPREG021 – Coordinate investigation process
- PSPREG026 – Review and evaluate investigations
- BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- PSPGEN045 – Coordinate resource allocation and usage
- PSPGEN054 – Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN050 – Manage Conflict
- PSPBDR015 – Manage Operations
- PSPLEG003 – Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPINV003 – Finalise an investigation
This program requires participants to attend for eight full days over the course of six weeks, with a combination of facilitated and online learning. Additional study time may be required for some assessments. Note: Number and frequency of sessions may vary. Please contact us for more information.
Part of the assessment requirements for this qualification are derived from workplace evidence of your participation in real investigations. Therefore, it’s recommended you be working in a relevant government or private sector organisation to enrol in this course.
Do you require further information? To find out more about PSP50416 Diploma of Government Investigations, call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444.
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au