Protect your organisation.
This program is designed to support and enhance the performance of people in security-related roles. Linking Security Risk Identification and management theory to operational areas, the course is tailored to suit a range of security risk responsibilities. The full program provides a sound basis on which to build security risk capabilities, using effective learning tools such as scenarios created by an experienced team of trainers and assessors.
Featuring trainer-led instruction, group activities and site visits, participants will develop vital skill sets following security risk processes from assessment through to working with management plans in line with the International Standard ISO 31000:2009.
User Choice Funding is available, contact us for more information. Terms and Conditions apply.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
or 795 (if eligible for User Choice Funding)
What is User Choice Funding?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
CPP40707 Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management
- Assess risk
- Assess threat
- Identify and assess security of assets
- Monitor and review security operations
- Advise on security needs
- Manage a safe workplace in the security environment
- Establish effective workplace relations
- Promote innovation in a team environment
- Implement continuous improvement
- Implement effective communication techniques
Short answer assessment tasks, third-party reports, risk assessment report, scenarios.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- CPPSEC4001A Manage a safe workplace in the security industry
- CPPSEC4002A Implement effective communication techniques
- CPPSEC4003A Advise on security needs
- CPPSEC4004A Monitor and review security operations
- CPPSEC4005A Facilitate workplace briefing and debriefing processes
- CPPSEC4006A Assess risks
- CPPSEC4007A Assess threat
- CPPSEC4012A Identify and assess security of assets
- PSPGEN027 Gather and analyse information
- PSPGEN032: Deal with Conflict
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
This course requires five full days of attendance. Note: Number and frequency of sessions may vary.
Candidates must have sufficient work experience and be working in a relevant role with Security Risk responsibilities to enter this program. You must have the capacity for independent, self directed work and access to specific work practices and appropriate work based projects in order to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken.
Do you require further information? To find out more about CPP40707 Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management, call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au