Solid backing in backgrounding.
Participants learn how to undertake all aspects of personnel vetting and align new skills to their legislative context, including the Protective Security Policy Framework. By understanding why particular responsibilities are important, learners will be able to conceptualise and execute best practice in all situations.
Did you know that you may be able to complete your qualification even quicker with our Recognition+ service? Just like Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), your prior formal study can count towards a new qualification. Contact our recognition coordinator for more information.
Contact us for dates.
$4595 (Or $3595 if you already hold the PSP30116 Certificate III in Government (Security))
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security (Personnel Vetting)
- Identify legal and ethical issues relevant to government policy.
- Contribute to the management of risk in relation to personnel.
- Interpret, analyse, verify and evaluate data presented during the suitability assessment process.
- Provide analytical and factually based reports.
- Conduct vetting interviews.
Pre-course assignment, vetting file scenarios, short-answer assessment tasks, third-party reports.
Canberra Institute of Technology
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPSEC008 Conduct personnel security assessments
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- PSPREG016 Conduct data analysis
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
The course consists of a pre-course assessment, and ten face-to-face sessions
Sponsorship from a government agency or approved independent vetting provider is mandatory. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices, so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required. Participants should hold a current government security clearance.
Do you require further information? To find out more about PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security (Personnel Vetting), call our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444.
1. Browse our website and find a course you’d like to enrol in.
2. Identify if you need customisation for this course
All of our Nationally Recognised Training Programs and Professional Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation for groups of 8 or more participants.
Contact us on 02 6207 4137 for a quotation or to find out more.
3. Submit your application for enrolment form
Complete our online application for enrolment form.
We will contact you with regards to your chosen course of study and send you the program enrolment form. Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must enrol into your classes. This can be done through our training centres.
5. Obtain a USI
All students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which contains all of your nationally recognised training records and results. One of the main benefits of a USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your career, which will be helpful when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.
How do I get a USI?
It’s free and easy to create one at usi.gov.au